When suffering from gout, patients are often advised to use mustard gout to treat gout because this vegetable can assist in the elimination of uric acid in the blood from the body. However, the gout treatment effect of mustard gout is really good, not everyone knows how to use gout. If you are wondering whether to use green cabbage for gout or not, do not ignore the information in this article.
Table of Contents
Benefits of gout treatment of mustard greens
Mustard greens or mustard greens are vegetables eaten with a special flavor, often present in Vietnamese meals. Depending on the type of soil, mustard greens will have different large stems, leaves are usually greenish green or dark green, harvest time is usually from 40-45 days from October to December.
Green cabbage has a bitter taste, is stable, has the effect of communicating, beneficial gas, and senses solder. sputum … In addition, mustard greens are rich in cathode, abumin, nicotic, vitamins A, B, and K that are very beneficial for health, have many effects in preventing and supporting gout treatment.
The therapeutic use of gout of mustard gout is as follows:
- The water in mustard greens can assist in eliminating uric acid in the body. Increased levels of uric acid in the blood are the main cause of gout, causing crystals of urate salts to be deposited in the joints, leading to inflammation. Only when the body gets rid of large amounts of uric acid from the bloodstream and maintains this acidity at a stable level can the gout symptoms return.
- Mustard greens contain many antioxidants such as sulphoraphane, vitamin A, vitamin C … that are effective in examining inflammation, reducing inflammation, and reducing symptoms of gout.
- Mustard greens belong to the group of alkaline vegetables, the pH in mustard greens is high, so it can assist in acidic acid in the blood. Moreover, this computer green vegetable, has a diuretic effect, increases the elimination capacity of the kidneys, helps the body to eliminate uric acid from the body in the urine.
In addition to supporting the treatment of gout, mustard greens also have the effect of expectorant, indigestion, pain relief, cough treatment to support swelling, tracheitis, asthma cough, and asthma sputum in the elderly. In particular, mustard greens are also rich in antioxidants and folic acid, which are essential for blood cells, effectively anti-aging.
How to cure gout with green cabbage
Mustard greens contain less purines, which help in neutralizing uric acid levels in the body. There are many ways to treat gout with mustard gout such as:
1. Cure gout with mustard gout juice
Broccoli juice can help reduce the pain and swelling symptoms in the joints caused by gout. Because this juice not only has high nutritional value but also helps to support uric acid excretion from the body, preventing gout recurrence is very good.
- Prepare 100g of green cabbage, pick up clean, remove the root, damaged leaves, separate each leaf
- Wash mustard greens, drain, cut into small pieces, each 3 – 4cm
- Put mustard greens in a blender with 500ml of water
- Then filter the water, put in a jar or cup, store in the freezer for use.
Drink it regularly every day, to support gout treatment. In addition, to increase the effectiveness of treatment, patients can coordinate with the use of juice from other foods such as cabbage, celery, cucumber, strawberries … to increase the effectiveness of treatment. These are all foods that neutralize uric acid in the blood, helping to improve the symptoms of inflammation caused by gout. In addition, the juice of mustard greens will taste pungent, a bit difficult to drink, so the patient can add a little lemon and sugar to make the juice taste easier to drink.
2. Green cabbage juice to cure gout
If you do not like the spicy taste of mustard greens juice, you can use this vegetable to cook for water to drink. This method is quite simple, easy to follow, easy to drink but safe to help improve the unpleasant symptoms caused by gout. You can use mustard greens in fresh form or dried to use and then cook for drinking water every day.
- Take 300g of fresh green cabbage, pick it up, remove the roots and leaves, and leave the leaves yellow
- Washed, drained, can be cut in half, cut into three for easy cooking
- Put the mustard greens in a pot, boil with 2 liters of water, however, it is best to boil the water first and then add the mustard greens, continue to boil over low heat for 15 minutes.
- When the water changes color, the nutrients in the leaves are secreted, turn off the heat, filter to get water, drink all of the day.
Every day use from 1 – 1.5 liters of mustard greens, should be stored in a thermos bottle, drink while still warm. Do not drink green cabbage juice overnight, use green cabbage juice continuously for 3-4 weeks to support treatment. If you do not have time to use fresh green cabbage every day, you should dry it in large quantities, take a little dried green cabbage each day with boiling water for 10-15 minutes to drink.
3. How to cure gout with gout pills from mustard greens
Mustard greens are effective in treating pimples, reducing swelling and pain in the skin. Therefore, you can apply green cabbage to the painful swelling caused by gout to help control swelling and swelling in the joints. Should be combined with measures to drink juice or juice from green mustard leaves to support treatment.
- Take 100g of green cabbage, pick it up, remove the old leaves and roots, wash them
- Take green cabbage cut into small pieces, crushed with a little salt
- Bring this mixture to steam, when hot enough, apply it on the inflamed area
- Use a cloth to clean the bandage, when it is no longer hot, remove it and rinse with clean water.
Perform regularly every day, persist for 1 month to help improve gout symptoms. Apply 2-3 times a day, can use hot green mustard leaf and apply to the affected joint area. Before applying the mixture, it is necessary to test the temperature first, avoid overheating will cause skin burns.
Some notes when treating gout with mustard gout
Although the gout treatment effect of mustard gout is very good, when applying this method, patients need to note the following issues:
- You should choose to buy vegetables at a reputable address with clear origin, not applicable to people prone to poisoning because this vegetable is easy to spray with toxic chemicals or grown in a polluted environment that causes sick people to be poisoned. food, easy to get diarrhea.
- Should choose to buy fresh vegetables, absolutely do not use crushed vegetables, yellow leaves to avoid adverse effects on health
- If there is any unusual manifestation such as vomiting, pain and discomfort during use, should stop using immediately to avoid affecting health.
- Green cabbage is an edible vegetable, not a medicine, only supports the treatment of gout, cannot replace a special treatment, so you should only apply it as a supportive method.
- This vegetable can neutralize uric acid but must be used regularly every day, persevere for a long time to see effectiveness, moreover, the effectiveness depends on the location of each person.
- To increase the effectiveness of treatment, it is advisable to develop a reasonable nutrition regimen, drink enough 2 – 2.5 liters of water (including decoction of green mustard leaves, broth …) every day to promote the process of giving. metabolism, assists in uric acid excretion from the bloodstream.
In summary, it can be seen that the gout treatment benefits of mustard gout are there and are worth applying. You can use broccoli juice or add mustard greens to your daily meals to aid in treatment. If symptoms show no signs of remission, you should see your doctor to avoid potentially dangerous complications.