Acne is one of the most common skin problems and affects the appearance of many people. In particular, for cases that are not only normal acne but also the condition that squeezes acne into a bad smell, it makes acne treatment difficult.
Table of Contents
What is acne?
Acne usually occurs when pores are blocked and inflamed due to excess sebum secretion. At the same time, combined with dead cells that have not been removed on the surface of the face will cause many different types of acne such as:
- Blackheads : Acne is located in open pores, when residue comes into contact with the air, it turns dark.
- Whiteheads : also known as bran pimples, are tiny pimples located in closed pores.
- Red, inflamed pimples: These are pimples that rise from the skin’s surface with swelling, redness, and pain to the touch.
- Pustules : the inner pustule is a form of pus, the pimple is stiff and painful to the touch.
- Cystic acne : is a very large acne spot, formed when the hair follicle becomes inflamed, the inside contains a lot of pus and causes pain.
- Cystic pustules are large pustular spots that form a visible pus inside the nucleus, which is stiff and painful.
These are the most common types of acne lesions. Determining what kind of injury you have will help make the treatment easier and faster.
Why squeezing acne out there smells bad?
There are many different types of acne such as acne, blackheads, bran acne … However, there are a few cases of acne with a smell that can cause a very unpleasant odor. So why squeeze acne into a bad smell?
According to experts, it is the problem that the patient’s skin hygiene is not guaranteed. When acne appears, it will lead to superinfection along with bacteria and create a bad odor. Specifically, this process takes place through the following 4 stages:
- Stage 1 : Due to the increased secretion of the sebaceous glands. The sebaceous glands are densely covered glands covering the body such as the face, chest, back … The main culprit is the hormone androgen that causes the sebaceous glands to expand and function. at full capacity.
- Stage 2 : The process of keratinization of the hair follicle of the sebaceous gland. Facial skin stagnates with a lot of residue, dirt, hyperkeratosis, burning matches or cosmetic residue that are not cleaned, causing clogging of pores, producing whiteheads, blackheads …
- Stage 3 : The strong activity of the anaerobic bacillus P.Acne. While the pores are being closed, P.Acne bacteria will take advantage of the opportunity and thrive, converting free fatty acids in the cells as well as the large amount of sebum that accumulates into acne.
- Stage 4 : Causes an inflammatory response. According to experts, the bad smell of squeezing pimples is characteristic of inflammatory acne such as acne, cystic acne, papules … At this time, superinfection occurs due to staphylococci and odor-causing anaerobic bacteria.
In addition, the squeezing of acne into bad smell is also a sign of a number of objective causes such as prolonged exposure in a humid, hot, polluted environment, frequent exposure to the sun, people have a habit of touching his face with his hands, abusing cosmetics with strong cleaning abilities …
Signs to recognize when squeezing acne into a bad smell
To identify the types of acne with bad smell will be based on the following characteristics:
- Some types of acne easily cause bad smells such as pustules, acne, follicles, eelic acne, acne clusters …
- Acne-prone positions have a bad smell such as on the back, face, 2 sides of the nose, chest …
- Whiteheads, blackheads will appear bad when inflamed, most noticeable around the pimple with a red border.
- Squeezing the pimple into a bad smell comes from the pustular core or hard pimples, even the sebum secreted when pimples is squeezed has a bad smell.
How to overcome the situation of squeezing acne into a bad smell
Acne, even if it is pressed continuously, day after day still does not go away and still smells bad because we ourselves have not done proper treatment and care.
Therefore, it is important to know how to fix the problem of squeezing acne into bad smell. Because the longer this condition is also the prolongation of the inflammation, making the acne more and more deep inside the skin, the stronger the smell and making the acne treatment more difficult. .
To be able to overcome the situation of squeezing pimples into bad smells, you should note the following things:
Practice proper skin hygiene
Learn how to take care of your skin every step of the way, in which make yourself a habit of removing makeup after going home. This will help remove residue from make up products, remaining dirt on the skin surface. At the same time, washing your face 2 times / day with a cleanser because just washing your face with normal water will not be enough to clean the skin and remove all bacteria and sebum.
Note that you choose the right cleanser for your skin because when acne smells, the skin will become very sensitive and easily inflamed.
Therefore, it is advisable to avoid cleansers that contain a lot of chemical ingredients and have a high pH. It is best to choose products with natural extracts to ensure skin health. Also, stay away from acne-causing irritants such as poor quality cosmetics. It’s best to use oil-free cosmetics and sunscreens that do not contain acne-prone ingredients.
In addition, only washing your face 2 times a day is enough. If you wash more, it will easily lose the natural moisture that is already on the skin and facilitate the sebaceous glands to work more strongly.
Apply acne cream
For types of acne that contain pus and have a bad smell, it is recommended to combine the use of acne creams , products containing antibacterial, antibiotics (antibiotics should be taken according to the instructions and prescription of doctors) or other preparations work to reduce keratinization, dissolve the acne inside.
Protect your skin when on the road
Staying away from acne-prone triggers such as dirt, sunlight, and pollution … is an effective way to help prevent more acne on the body. You can do this by using protective gear such as hats, coats, gloves, and sunglasses to protect your skin from the UV rays from the sun.
Develop a scientific diet
- According to the advice of dermatologists, when you have acne, you need to drink plenty of water, from 2-3 liters of water a day to provide moisture, promote metabolism and eliminate toxins. harm from the body.
- In addition, a diet rich in green vegetables and fresh fruits is the key to bringing smooth, full of vitality to your skin.
- Avoid spicy, hot, greasy, spicy foods as well as stimulants such as coffee, tea, and alcohol as they will increase the activity of the sebaceous glands and make acne worse. important.
Adjust to a healthy lifestyle
To have healthy, acne-free skin, you need a healthy lifestyle. Such as:
- Get enough sleep, don’t stay up late
- Always keep the spirit at ease, not under stress, worry too much …
- Do not put your hand to your face to touch the pimple, squeeze it or suck it.
Doing this will help inhibit the sebaceous gland activity, prevent the formation and development of pimples.
Examination at a dermatology hospital
When the acne appears more and more on the face, back, shoulder … and does not get better even after applying many methods, you should consider seeing a doctor at the big hospital. With modern machinery and equipment, it will help to accurately diagnose the condition and type of acne to have an accurate treatment direction.
Introduce some oral and topical acne treatments
In cases of severe acne, pus-filled acne and a bad smell that is difficult to treat, you may be prescribed by your doctor to use topical or oral medications to support acne effectively.
- Antibiotics help to eradicate P.acne bacteria
- Prescription salicylic acid helps to dry out dead cells and sebum that are trapped inside the pores.
- Retinoids are drugs that help derive vitamin A and release hair follicles blocked by sebum and residue.
- Benzoyl perocide is for use only with a doctor’s prescription.
The combination of topical and oral medication will help achieve greater effectiveness in the treatment of acne, help remove the remaining bacteria on the skin, prevent recessive acne spots from recurring after treatment.
Commonly prescribed oral antibiotics are:
In addition, some antibiotics of the tetracyclin group such as doxycycline, minocyclin, and limecycline are also effective in treating acne. Note that these drugs are contraindicated for children under 10 years old because they can cause side effects of jaundice.
Usually, the use of antibiotics to treat bad smelling acne will be prescribed by a doctor for the shortest time possible, about 7-10 days to help prevent the body from becoming resistant.
- Another commonly mentioned drug in acne treatment is Isotretinoin. This drug is formulated from vitamin A and is more powerful than retinoids. However, using this drug will bring about a slow effect.
- If you plan to become pregnant while treating your acne, you can use prescription Benzoyl perocxide.
In a nutshell, acne accompanied by the situation of squeezing pimples into bad smell is a very persistent skin disease, it is best to visit the hospital to be examined and advised in intensive treatment and safety. most complete. Avoid using unknown drugs to treat acne because it is easy to cause infections and acne is getting worse.