Having swollen tonsils without fever is a very common disease today. With many objective and subjective reasons, we will be very susceptible if we do not know how to take care of the body properly. So what is this disease and is it dangerous? Let’s find out more in the article below.
Table of Contents
Causes swollen tonsils but no fever
According to experts, up to about 90% of the causes of swollen tonsils without fever are bacteria and viruses that infect the respiratory tract. When encountering this condition, the risk of fever is very high, because it is a characteristic sign of the disease, even a fever of up to 39 0 C during acute episodes.
However, it is also possible to have a swollen tonsil without a fever. Specifically with the reasons such as:
- Having a cold: The most likely cause of a cold is rhinovirus bacteria that get into the tonsils. Usually they do not cause superinfection with the bacteria, so the patient will not feel tired and feverless.
- Allergies: For a sensitive site, being allergic to factors such as pollen, dog hair, dust, cigarette smoke … can also cause you to get swollen tonsils without fever.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease : People suffering from gastritis in general are very susceptible to this condition. The reason is that when the acid backs up on the back of the throat, it causes burning pain and swelling of the tonsils.
- Eat a lot of cold foods: Cold foods and drinks can easily damage the throat, throat, and especially tonsils. They cause inflammation around the throat and thus cause swollen tonsils without fever.
- Drinking a lot of alcohol: Most people who regularly drink a lot of alcohol suffer from diseases related to the nasopharynx, damage to the lining of the esophagus, and inflammation of the tonsils.
In addition to the common causes mentioned above, having swollen tonsils without fever is also a sign of some dangerous diseases such as:
- Chronic tonsillitis : The chronic stage of the disease usually appears when the disease in the acute phase is not treated completely and is most effective. Except for exacerbations of the disease, the appearance of fever, at the remaining stage, most patients will not feel any obvious signs. I don’t even feel pain, I only feel a little bit in my throat, my voice is changed a little, my breath is bad …
- Purulent tonsillitis : Like chronic tonsillitis , pyoderma is also anthrax when treatment is ineffective in the acute phase. At this time, the damaged tonsil tissue plus the dead cells and food waste create parasitic microorganisms in the throat and cause the pus to swell, causing pain and the patient will have difficulty in Eating.
- Tonsil cancer : This is considered the most dangerous disease because the cancer can affect people’s lives at stage. This is the same for any type of cancer. And so does tonsil cancer, it won’t have any obvious symptoms until the disease turns to an end stage.
Is it dangerous to swollen tonsils without fever?
Any disease is dangerous, only with difference in severity. For a swollen tonsil condition without fever, specialists will rely on the cause of the disease to assess the danger of the disease.
If the patient has tonsillitis but has no fever due to common causes such as allergies, colds, cold drinks, alcohol or gastroesophageal reflux disease, the disease will not be too serious and can be can be cured when you get rid of bad daily habits.
If you have swollen tonsils but don’t have a fever with symptoms such as bad breath, irritability, feeling stuck in your throat, difficulty swallowing, spitting up blood, unusual weight loss … then this is most likely a sign You are having a serious health problem.
Because chronic tonsillitis for a long time is likely to cause complications such as rheumatism, rheumatism, glomerulonephritis … seriously affect the health, even the patient’s life. As for tonsil cancer, if it is not detected and treated promptly, the cancer cells will spread quickly to other organs very dangerous. Therefore, it is best to visit your doctor to be examined and consulted about the correct, safe and timely treatment.
Treatment for swollen tonsils without fever
Currently, there are many ways to treat swollen tonsils without fever, depending on the cause and the severity of the disease, the doctor will prescribe the right treatment. Such as:
Treat the disease with folk tips
If the patient has a swollen tonsil but does not have a mild fever and the doctor judges that the disease is not too dangerous, the patient can apply folk tips to safely and effectively overcome the symptoms .
You can refer to folk remedies from benign herbs that work to relieve pain, reduce swelling, anti-inflammation, cough, expectorant, cool the tonsils, throat such as:
- Kha Tu: Use 1 kha zi fruit, peel it off and hold it in your mouth for about 3 minutes. Hold until you can feel the bitterness of the fruit and release it. Recommended to do 2 times a day to get the best effect.
- Licorice: You can choose to buy dried licorice at herbal stores. Twice a day, take a few slices of licorice and boil water into tea to drink. Just do it continuously until you feel a marked change in the disease.
- Fish lettuce: Fish lettuce has long been applied in the treatment of many diseases, especially diseases related to the throat, throat, tonsils. You only need to use a few crushed fish lettuce leaves, filter for the juice and drink 2 times / day.
- Ginger: Ginger has warm properties along with active ingredients to help soothe coughs, anti-inflammatory agents to help reduce swelling and pain effectively. The implementation is also very simple, Ginger is sliced into thin slices, cooked into tea and then divided to drink 2-3 times a day.
- Dried persimmons: You buy dried persimmons without any processing, chew them slowly and thoroughly so that the nutrients can penetrate deep into the damaged tonsils.
* The effectiveness of treatment from folk tips will depend on the location, condition and disease level of each person. Therefore, there will be no most effective remedy, only the most suitable memorandum. Patients also need to persevere in implementing folk remedies because folk remedies take a long time to take effect.
Treatment of the disease with Western methods
As mentioned, the treatment for swollen tonsillitis but without a fever will depend much on the severity and severity of the disease. Mild cases are easier to treat, most of which take about 7 to 10 days to get better.
However, for chronic diseases, the patient is required to treat according to the regimen of a specialist doctor. Particularly for people with tonsils who have no fever, that does not indicate infection. That is why the patient does not need to use antibiotics, but only needs to use a few medicines to treat cough, reduce swelling, and redness, such as:
- Cough medicine : Medicines that contain codeine, Alimemazin, Toplexil, Dextromethorphan …
- Expectorants : Acetylcysteine, Carbocisteine, Ambroxol
- Pain relievers : ibuprofen, acetaminophen and diclofenac.
- Throat lozenges : The throat lozenges are made from herbs such as peppermint, clove, ginger, honey …
Patients can easily find these drugs at large and reputable pharmacies. It is best to buy according to the prescription of the doctor prescribed, to avoid the mistake of the drug and cause unintended cases that cause side effects that want to affect the health. Pregnant women and children should use the drug with extreme caution.
Treatment according to Oriental medicine methods
The Western medicine treatment is considered to help reduce symptoms quickly, but easily cause side effects. According to Oriental medicine, the treatment must go deep into the roots, helping the patient to be absolutely healthy, ensuring the disease does not come back, without using antibiotics.
For the condition of swollen tonsils without fever, from the aspect of Oriental medicine, it is from the fact that the bad gas, the leprosy – cold – low penetrates into the body through the nose, mouth, causing the vessels to be obstructed. Therefore, the treatment will prioritize the use of herbs that have the effect of nourishing the main qi, nourishing the function of the organs, and eliminating the internal evil.
At this time, herbs that have heat, detoxification, weak gums, flat fire, weak gums, eliminate inflammation, reduce cough, expectorant, pepper … will be used priority. Patients can refer to the following articles:
- Treatment 1: Huyen Ginseng, Blood vessels, Biological location of each type of 15g. Dandelion, Triet tuxedo, Bach Thuoc, cardamom, Son from her, each 10g, Mint 6g. Every day use 1 medicine ladder, divided into 2 doses / day.
- Treatment 2: Field, Huyen Ginseng 12g each. Hoang Hoang, X-ray, Dan da, cardamom, Son from her, Geocarp each 10g, Taurus 6g. Every day 1 ladder decoction and divided into 2 to drink 2 times a day.
Patients can buy these drugs at reputable oriental medicine pharmacies to ensure absolute quality and achieve the best treatment effect.
Use home remedies
For cases of swollen tonsils that do not have a low-grade fever and do not cause any severe symptoms, the patient should try to adjust daily living habits and persevere to reverse the disease.
- Regularly drink ginger tea mixed with honey and honey to reduce cough, itchy neck.
- Sucking fresh ginger is also an effective way because in fresh ginger contains the active ingredient Gingerol that helps in anti-inflammatory, pain relief, and swelling reduction effectively.
- Use mint leaves: Peppermint leaves are also effective in treating coughs and tonsillitis. You can use fresh mint leaves steeped with water to make a tea and use it every day.
- Honey: With its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, honey is not a bad choice for the treatment of tonsils. You can eat directly a few tablespoons of honey / day or mix honey with warm lemon juice to relieve soreness and swelling of the tonsils.
- Gargle with salt water: Salt water has very good antiseptic and antiseptic properties. So, every day, rinse your mouth with salt water will help to quickly reverse the inflammation of the tonsils. This routine should be maintained, as rinsing with salt water is very healthy.
- Gargle with salt water: Salt water has strong antiseptic properties. Gargle with salt water to help Change daily habits
In addition to applying treatments for swollen tonsils without fever, patients also need to pay attention to implement and adjust daily routines such as:
- Stay away from hot, hot, cold, spicy, or hard foods as much as possible. Instead are soft, liquid foods that are rich in nutrients.
- Absolutely do not use alcohol, alcohol, stimulants during treatment.
- Limit communication in crowded places, do not shout too loud when onset of illness.
- Every day to drink 2 – 3 liters of water and juices from green, fruit … to supplement essential nutrients for the body as well as enhance the activity of the immune system.
- Get enough sleep, do not stay up late, avoid overwork during treatment
- Provide 2 – 3 liters of water / day and increase the supplement of juice from green vegetables and fruits to balance electrolytes, compensate fluids and enhance the activity of the immune system.
- Keep a distance from healthy people to limit infection.
- Do not stay up late, do not sleep enough and work too hard during the treatment.
Having swollen tonsils without fever is not a very dangerous disease, it can be completely overcome if the patient knows how and actively treat it. So, when you see any signs of instability, immediately go to a hospital or reputable medical facility for timely examination and treatment, to avoid prolonged too long will make the disease more and more complicated. difficult to treat and greatly affects the health condition in the future.