Self-created cartilage rhinoplasty is an aesthetic method that brings a slim, delicate, painless, no-scarred nose shape and has a relatively reasonable cost. Therefore, this beauty technique is extremely popular among women. So what is autologous cartilage lift? Is it permanent? How much? The following article will answer the above questions.
Table of Contents
What is autologous cartilage rhinoplasty?
In the past, rhinoplasty surgeries were simply done using a piece of artificial cartilage (hewn from a large block of silicon) to reshape the nose. However, the artificial cartilage has a rather rough shape. After a period of rhinoplasty, this type of cartilage will erode the delicate, delicate nasal skin, leading to exposed waves, red balls, perforation of the scalp …
Today, autologous cartilage rhinoplasty is one of the breakthrough solutions in the aesthetic industry, implemented on the principle of using cartilage tissue from the surgeon’s body to reshape the nose (nose tip, pillar nose, nose bridge …).
Normally, autologous cartilage is obtained from parts that have many similarities with nasal cartilage such as ribs, ear rings, septum … Through the use of autologous cartilage tissues, cosmetic doctors can pull length, elevation of nasal bridge, balancing nasal cylinder or covering nasal tip.
- The septal cartilage is located in the septum between the two sides of the nostril, has a sturdy feature that is often used to reconstruct the nasal cylinder and reconstruct the nose shape.
- Coronary cartilage is located on the ear, has a soft, elastic property, can cover the tip of the nose and brings a natural, round beauty.
- The rib cartilage is located between the ribs. With its flexibility, the rib cartilage is used to elevate the nasal bridge, shape the nose and L-line or S-line posing.
- The temporal cartilage is a thin layer of very tough, thick, white cells wrapped around the muscle layer under the skin in the temporal position and is quite easy to access.
2 types of self-created acne cartilage
Currently, in the field of nose beauty in the Vietnamese market, this method is widely used in many high-end rhinoplasty services, with the following 2 techniques:
Autologous cartilage lift completely
100% of the cartilage tissue to adjust the nose shape in this technique is extracted from the rib cartilage in the surgeon’s body. With this material, the doctor can elevate the nasal bridge, cover the nose, lengthen the tip of the nose as well as adjust the nasal cylinder so that it is balanced and harmonious. Usually, this technique will be prescribed by doctors for repeated surgery or deformed nose due to trauma.
Regulations on the safety of rhinoplasty surgery of the Ministry of Health clearly state, a standard orthopedic surgery consists of 5 steps:
- Step 1: The doctor checks the health, assesses the operator’s condition before the surgery
- Step 2: The patient is under local anesthesia in the surgical area
- Step 3: The doctor proceeds to extract cartilage tissue from the body and cut the calculated ratio
- Step 4: Rhinoplasty surgery through a small nasal line under the pillar of the nose
- Step 5: Follow up after surgery and instruct the patient how to take care of himself at home
Artificial rhinoplasty combined with autologous cartilage
This advanced technology is capable of overcoming many shortcomings of the nose such as: crooked, skewed, short, upturned, rough … Specifically, the doctor will:
- Raise the bridge of the nose with artificial cartilage because it has high strength and good adhesion ability.
- Orthodontic tip is completely by autologous cartilage or combining autologous cartilage with artificial cartilage to create a slim, rounded tip.
- Shaping the nasal cylinder with autologous cartilage to enhance the harmonious and balanced beauty of the two sides of the nose.
Advantages and disadvantages of the method
Compared with the traditional artificial cartilage rhinoplasty, this method offers many outstanding advantages such as:
- The nose is naturally beautiful, soft and well-proportioned.
- Autologous cartilage is highly compatible with the body, so it does not cause rejection and allergy.
- Safe, painless, no scarring, short recovery time (about 1-2 weeks) depending on the location of each person.
- When grafted to the tip of the nose, autologous cartilage can easily attach to the internal structures of the nose and form a harmonious, stable bond. Therefore, the cartilage itself is not eroded over time, does not cause visible waves, red shadows in the nose, thereby maintaining the delicate, natural beauty of the face.
- This technique can be applied to cases of flat nose, upturned nose, broken nose, deformed nose due to injury or accident …
- Correct the shortcomings of the natural nose shape, can create a delicate nose shape, in harmony with the facial contours.
However, this method of rhinoplasty still has some disadvantages as follows:
- Because of using cartilage itself, the doctor has to dissect cartilage from the surgeon’s body, then research, measure and draw new nose shape, finally, the nose lift is performed. So you will spend a lot of time.
- This technique forces women to take care of two wounds at the same time: a wound in the nose and a wound at the site of getting cartilage.
- Manipulating cartilage is relatively complicated. This requires the doctor to be highly qualified and experienced. Therefore, if you are intending to lift your own cartilage nose, you need to learn the information carefully and consider choosing a reputable and quality cosmetic facility.
Some frequently asked questions about autologous cartilage rhinoplasty
“Who should lift autologous cartilage nose?”, “Is it safe to lift nose itself?” How long can it be maintained? ”,“ Should I lift the nose cartilage itself or artificial? ”… Is the most common question of beauty believers around this topic. Here is the answer for you.
Who should lift their own cartilage nose?
Autologous rhinoplasty can be used in both men and women, especially:
- People with flat nose, short, short, upturned, crooked, skewed, goofy …
- People with too thin nasal scalp or are allergic to artificial cartilage in previous surgery
- Each nose plastic surgery but the results were not as expected
Is it safe to lift nose cartilage itself?
Self-cartilage rhinoplasty is a beauty technique that is appreciated for both safety and aesthetic effectiveness: natural, well-proportioned, without any surgical traces.
- Delicate and harmonious nose shape: Women will be properly styled by experts in accordance with the golden ratio: slim, tall, straight and in line with natural facial features. After only about 1 month from surgery, you can be confident with your new version.
- Minimize complications from rhinoplasty materials: When applying traditional methods, beauty believers are susceptible to complications such as: exposure, rejection, allergies, red ball … However, with the method of lifting nose cartilage itself, the reader can be completely assured about this issue.
- Highly effective, can be maintained for many years: When autologous cartilage develops permanently in the nose, the muscle tissue structures will be in harmony. As a result, this method often brings sustainable, long-term aesthetic effects.
Is it painful to lift the nose cartilage itself?
Before the surgery, the doctor will give the operator a local anesthetic. This ensures the operation is smooth, gentle and doesn’t cause any pain or discomfort.
How long does it take to heal autologous cartilage?
After about 1 week of surgery, the doctor will cut the nose thread. At this time, the condition of the nose was relatively stable. However, the nose takes 1-3 months to fully recover. At that time, autologous cartilage was well linked with the cells of the nose. So, you can rest assured to move, shake your nose without restraint.
What complications can an autologous cartilage lift cause?
Rhinoplasty surgery at an underrated cosmetic facility, inexperienced doctors, poor quality facilities can cause the beautician to deviate from the scoliosis of the nose, long-term inflammation, nose infection …
Is self-cartilage nose lift permanent? How long can it last?
Depending on the compatibility of autologous cartilage and the cells inside the nose, this method of rhinoplasty can be maintained for about 10 years, even permanently.
- If you lift the nose with ear cartilage, you can maintain the nasal shape for 10 – 15 years because the cartilage tissue in this position is shrinkage, easy to be absorbed over time.
- If you choose to lift nose by ear cartilage / rib cartilage combined with septal cartilage when rebuilding the nasal cylinder, you can preserve the nose shape permanently.
In addition, the time to maintain nose shape with autologous cartilage depends a lot on the professional qualifications of the doctor, the location of each person and the care regime after the nose lift.
Should autologous cartilage or artificial cartilage be raised?
In general, both of these methods can create a tall, straight and delicate nose for the operator. However, when considered from a comprehensive perspective, we easily see that the rhinoplasty technique with autologous cartilage has many advantages compared to traditional rhinoplasty because this method is quite safe, allowing comprehensive nose shape correction, better remedy for defects and bring long-term aesthetic effect.
Artificial cartilage has the property of being flexible, easy to shape, diverse in size and very durable. However, artificial cartilage can only elevate the nasal bridge and shape the nose, but cannot elongate and cover the tip of the nose. For cases where the scalp and nose are fragile, after a long time of surgery, the artificial cartilage is easy to drop, causing the phenomenon of wave exposure, red ball …
Meanwhile, autologous cartilage is taken from the surgeon’s body with 100% compatibility. Therefore, the body will not appear allergy or rejection phenomenon. However, the abuse of autologous cartilage in 100% autologous cartilage surgery can lead to undesirable results.
The rib cartilage tends to grow larger over time and the ear cartilage is contractile in nature. In fact, many women choose to lift their nose 100% of their own cartilage. Initially, the bridge of the nose was very balanced and harmonious. But then, the nose started to be deformed, wrinkled and became less charming.
Therefore, estheticians recommend that beauty believers should lift the nose combining self cartilage and artificial cartilage, in which, artificial cartilage plays the role of shaping the nose as well as enhancing the nasal bridge and self cartilage. (usually the coronary cartilage and temporal muscle cartilage) is responsible for covering the tip of the nose.
How much does rhinoplasty itself cost?
The cost of rhinoplasty depends on the surgical method, the cosmetic facility, the expertise of the doctor in charge, and the defect condition of the nose. Currently, the rhinoplasty with coronary cartilage at the tip of the nose combined with artificial cartilage ranges from 15,000,000 to 25,000,000 VND. Restructured rhinoplasty (with coronary cartilage, rib cartilage, septum cartilage) for general anesthesia costs 35,000,000 – 50,000,000 VND. Readers please contact reputable cosmetic hospitals for specific advice.
Things to note before lifting the nose
Cosmetic experts recommend that, before lifting the nose cartilage yourself, you need to keep in mind the following issues:
Don’t lift your nose too high
Many people believe that the higher the nose, the more beautiful. However, this is an extremely misconception if applying autologous cartilage lift. The nose is moderately high, balanced, harmonious with the facial contours, is a beautiful nose. In addition, the height of the nose should be calculated based on the material used and the site condition. Raising the nose too high may increase the risk of autologous cartilage shrinkage after surgery.
Consider the right cartilage type
As the article mentioned above, the rib cartilage, septum cartilage, and coronary cartilage have different properties. Therefore, each type of cartilage is only suitable for orthopedic purposes at certain locations. Therefore, you need to discuss carefully with your esthetician before choosing rhinoplasty materials.
Select a reputable cosmetic facility
This is a prerequisite and imperative to ensure the success of the operation. Before deciding on the aesthetic basis to “choose the face to send gold”, women need to learn carefully and carefully consider the following criteria:
- Aesthetic hospital has been licensed by the Ministry of Health to operate.
- There is anesthesia and resuscitation.
- A team of highly qualified, experienced, professional and dedicated doctors and doctors.
- The system of operating rooms is clean, sterilized, with modern and modern equipment.
The post-operative care regime determines 40% of the results
The post-operative care regime will promote wound recovery, ensure safety and health and limit dangerous complications. Therefore, women need to strictly follow the care instructions of a cosmetic doctor after surgery.
Guide to care after rhinoplasty
After the surgery is over, you need to ensure a strict regime of care according to the following notes:
Use a cold compress 1 – 3 days after surgery
To minimize the risk of inflammation, women should actively apply cold compresses within 1-3 days after surgery. When the wound turns from bruising to yellow, start using warm compresses. Also, avoid getting water into the wound. When you want to clean the nose area, just wipe gently with a wet tissue.
Cover the wound carefully before going outside
Readers absolutely do not let wound directly exposed to dust, exhaust gas or sunlight. Before going out, be sure to cover them carefully and don’t wear glasses for 2 months after surgery.
Avoid touching the wound
Readers need to limit touching, twisting treatment positions as well as not doing heavy labor and excessive movement.
During the recovery process, you should not consume foods that can cause irritation and scarring such as: sticky rice, chicken, seafood, water spinach, avoid hot spicy foods, fried and do not use medicine. leaves, alcohol, stimulants.
Autologous cartilage rhinoplasty is a sophisticated, sophisticated method that needs to be performed by experienced and highly qualified doctors. Therefore, choose a quality and reputable cosmetic address that has been licensed by the Ministry of Health to ensure your own health and aesthetic effectiveness.