With a variety of active ingredients, guava leaves have the ability to reduce pain, destroy inflammation, antibacterial, antiseptic, wound healing and cell regeneration. Grasping this wonderful use, folk have handed down many tips to cure atopic dermatitis with simple, safe and effective guava leaves.
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic autoimmune infection with typical symptoms such as urticaria, rashes, dry skin, chapped, peeling, blisters, itching, edema … This pathology often progresses in waves, recurrences many times, greatly affecting the aesthetics as well as psychology of the patient.
Atopic dermatitis is closely related to genetic and local factors. Although it is not spread from person to person, the symptoms of the disease can spread throughout the body, causing severe superinfection, leading to many dangerous complications. So, as soon as you detect any unusual signs, you need to proactively go to the doctor to be diagnosed and treated promptly.
Table of Contents
Why should treat atopic dermatitis with guava leaves?
According to the Oriental medicine concept, guava leaves are slightly bitter, bitter and warm. This medicinal herb has antimicrobial, antimicrobial, antimicrobial properties, promotes wound healing and prevents inflammation and ulcers. Therefore, guava leaves are used to treat common dermatological diseases such as atopic dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, urticaria …
From the perspective of modern medicine, studies have proven that guava leaves contain many important active ingredients, which are very good for the health of the skin, including:
- B erbagai and active antioxidants help regenerate new cells, heal wounds and inhibit the aging process.
- Polyphenols and tannins have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, and at the same time limit unpleasant itchy sensations.
Several studies have found that guava leaves can effectively improve mild atopic dermatitis symptoms. However, in fact, the use of the following tips to treat atopic dermatitis depends greatly on the location and inflammation of each person. Therefore, you need to determine the exact level of your medical condition, then talk carefully with your doctor to choose a safe and suitable treatment.
This remedy has the advantage of being economical, benign, rarely causing side effects, and is simple to perform at home. However, the disadvantage of guava leaf atopic dermatitis treatment is its low pharmacology, requiring time and persistence of the patient, and the treatment effect has not been specifically proven.
3 tips to treat atopic dermatitis with guava leaves not everyone knows
How to treat atopic dermatitis with guava leaves correctly? Have readers really mastered the implementation steps of each of these simple folk tips?
Apply tobacco with guava leaves
The pharmacological properties of guava leaf extract topicals will quickly absorb and act directly on the infected skin, thereby repel persistent itchiness, limit rash, urticaria, and gives skin a smooth, rosy glow.
- Wash a handful of guava leaves with diluted salt water, then take out, and drain
- Crush or crush guava leaves with a pinch of sea salt
- Remove the pulp and filter to get the juice
- Clean the affected area with warm water and dry with a cotton towel
- Apply a cotton ball to the guava leaf extract to apply directly to the skin
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes or let it sit overnight
- Rinse with cool water, then dry
- Do it 2-3 times / day until symptoms improve
Bath with guava leaf water
Bathing or soaking the damaged skin in guava leaf juice is a popular folk practice. This method not only removes all the factors that cause inflammation, soothes itchiness, but also helps heal wounds and provide nourishment to your skin.
- Wash a handful of fresh guava leaves (leaves are not too old, not too young) with diluted salt water for 15 minutes, then take out, and drain.
- Put the whole guava leaves in the pot, boil with 2-3 liters of clean water
- Pour guava leaf juice into a large tub and then soak the affected area (when the water is warm) or rinse (when the water is cool).
- Perform regularly 1 time / day for about 2-3 weeks
Combine guava leaves and unsweetened yogurt
Unsweetened yogurt is rich in B vitamins, zinc, calcium, lactic acid and beneficial gut bacteria. This ingredient has the ability to moisturize, exfoliate, soothe the skin and limit the risk of infection. Therefore, the combination of guava leaves and yogurt will help you quickly repel the symptoms of swelling, itching, and regenerate and nourish the skin from deep inside.
- Prepare a handful of young guava leaves and ½ a jar of unsweetened yogurt
- Wash the guava leaves with diluted salt water and take out, drain
- Grind the whole young guava leaves with a blender
- Put the guava leaves and yogurt in a bowl, mix well
- Clean the infected skin carefully with warm water, then dry
- Apply a sufficient amount directly to the affected area
- Hold for 15 to 20 minutes and relax
- Rinse with clean water
- Perform 1 time / day in the evening
Problems to note when treating atopic dermatitis with guava leaves
The three ways to treat atopic dermatitis with guava leaves at home are safe, benign folk tips that do not cause allergy or skin irritation. However, during the application process, the patient should take note of the following:
- If using medicine from guava leaves, the patient needs to clean the affected skin before applying the drug.
- Do not scratch or rub violently on the atopic skin because the more forcefully impacted on these sites, the higher the risk of ulcers, infection, and superinfection.
- The above folk tips are often slow to work. Therefore, people with atopic dermatitis need to persevere in applying for a long time to improve their symptoms. Besides, you can combine some other remedies to speed up the skin recovery process. However, consult your dermatologist carefully before starting any treatment.
- This approach is only suitable for patients with mild atopic dermatitis. If the disease has turned badly, you should not apply the above tips to minimize the risk of infection, superinfection.
- In the process of implementing this method, if abnormal symptoms appear, the patient needs to temporarily stop using guava leaves, and quickly go to a reputable medical facility for prompt intervention.
- Provide adequate nutrients for the body by adding more fruits, vegetables, grains … to the diet.
- Limit foods high in sugar, hot spicy, rich in grease …
- Drink plenty of water, smoothies or herbal teas.
- Stay away from cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.
- Pay attention to good personal hygiene to eliminate pathogens that exist on the skin.
In general, the tip to cure atopic dermatitis with guava leaves is a safe, non-irritating and suitable method for all ages (including children, pregnant women or the elderly). However, the use of this remedy depends largely on the location as well as the degree of disease in each patient. Therefore, you should consider carefully before applying this approach.