Nutrition for patients with gastric hemorrhage is extremely important, helping the patient quickly recover from the disease. So if stomach bleeding should drink milk? What kind of milk should the patient drink? The answer will be answered specifically in the article below.
Table of Contents
Should I drink milk if I have stomach bleeding?
Adding milk in the daily diet will help patients with gastric hemorrhage quickly improve the disease effectively. Studies show that milk and dairy products will help protect the stomach, reduce stomach upset significantly. In addition, drinking milk will supplement the body with a necessary amount of nutrients such as protein, vitamins, calcium, magnesium, …
People with gastric hemorrhage should drink milk because it will soothe the stomach and aid in healing internal stomach damage. However, the patient needs to drink milk properly. Not always drinking a lot of milk is good for people with stomach bleeding. If the patient drinks too much milk, it is very easy for the stomach to quickly produce hydrochloric acid. This is the substance that makes stomach pain worse.
Health experts say, drinking a glass of milk will work like a common pain reliever (aspirin, ibuprofen). Milk is a product that improves the types of beneficial bacteria inside the intestinal tract thanks to its lactic acid content and reduces the risk of infection and peptic ulcers.
Although milk works very well for patients with stomach problems, if the patient drinks too much, it will cause the stomach to be bloated, uncomfortable, diarrhea, digestive disorders, … To know the proper self. With which type of milk, patients should talk directly with a specialist for specific advice.
Milk suitable for people with stomach bleeding
Milk is the food that provides the body with essential nutrients, good for the stomach. However, with patients suffering from gastric hemorrhage, the patient should choose the right type of milk to support treatment of the disease. Here are some types of milk that help improve symptoms of stomach hemorrhage, patients can consult.
1. Ensure Milk
With stomach bleeding, patients can drink Ensure milk to help with the quick relief of their symptoms. Ensure milk contains proteins, vitamins, minerals, … which are very beneficial for the health of the patient. At the same time, this type of milk also supports the recovery of health for the sick. In particular, Ensure milk has a very small amount of acid compared to the stomach lining. Therefore, people with stomach bleeding can drink this type of milk.
How to drink Ensure milk is as follows:
- Take 3 tablespoons of Ensure milk mixed with warm water at a temperature of 30-35 degrees C
- Stir the milk well and drink immediately, not for too long
- The patient can drink milk and eat with bread to be able to suck the acid secreted from the stomach.
2. Longevity milk
Longevity milk has a high protein content, helps form a thin film, prevents the attack of acid in the stomach. This is a temporary pain relief method, which helps to improve painful symptoms and heal damage in the stomach. However, you need to drink enough to help protect your stomach.
How to drink Ong Tho milk as follows:
- First, you need to put 2 tablespoons of longevity milk into a cup.
- Then, add the boiling water and stir to dissolve the milk.
- With this milk, about 2 days, you drink 1 glass.
3. Fresh milk
Nutritional ingredients in raw milk work very well for patients with gastric hemorrhage. Fat, vitamins, and minerals found in raw milk help neutralize the acid in the stomach. For those suffering from stomach bleeding, supplementing with fresh milk will help improve their symptoms easily.
How to drink fresh milk as follows:
- Every day, you should drink 1 glass of fresh milk in the morning or evening.
- Patients with stomach bleeding should only drink enough milk per day.
4. Milk from nuts
When suffering from gastric bleeding, nut milk is very suitable for patients with gastric bleeding. This is a type of milk with natural scent, good for the health of the patient. In particular, the abundant Omega-3 ingredient provides essential nutrients for the cardiovascular system and is safe for the stomach.
How to drink seed milk as follows:
- First, take about 2 teaspoons of milk and put it in a glass.
- Dilute with boiling water and stir well
- Every day, patients with stomach bleeding can drink 1 glass of milk seeds after eating.
Properly drink milk for people with stomach bleeding
In addition to choosing the right milk, patients with stomach bleeding need to know how to drink milk properly. This is essential you need to do to avoid unfortunate stomach damage. Some notes when drinking milk below will help you support the best treatment.
- Absolutely not drink milk when hungry, especially in the morning when you have nothing to eat.
- Only drink milk when you have eaten a certain amount of food
- Ideally, you should only drink milk about 1 hour after eating
- Patients with stomach bleeding should only drink 1 glass of milk per day to avoid affecting the digestive system.
- Patients with stomach bleeding should use skim milk because it is easier to digest than whole milk.
- For patients with a history of lactose intolerance, the patient should not drink milk.
- If you have a stomachache and irritable bowel syndrome, don’t use cow’s milk.
- Drink 1 glass of milk in the morning to help enhance blood sugar stability
- Drink 1 glass of milk in the evening to help calm, support sleep
- Patients with stomach bleeding must not drink more than 500 ml of milk per day. If you drink too much, it will lose the nutritional balance in the body.
- Do not drink milk when hungry, stomach pain, diarrhea
- Patients should drink milk 30 minutes before meals to help stabilize blood sugar, prevent excess body fat accumulation.
- Do not drink too cold milk because it easily irritates the stomach lining
- Do not choose milk that is too thick or high in sugar because it can cause constipation and stomach pain
- Not to use stimulants such as alcohol, beer, cigarettes, coffee, …
- Add foods that neutralize stomach acids such as cookies, breads, muffins, …
- Develop a reasonable diet, supplement essential nutrients for the body, good for the digestive system such as lean tenderloin meat, fish, goose meat, pig heart, vegetables, …
- Do not eat foods that are too hard, cause indigestion, and affect the stomach
- Sleep enough 8 hours / day, do not stay up too late, work too hard
- Avoid anxiety, stress, affecting health
- Absolutely not buy drugs without permission without a specialist’s prescription
Hope the above information will help the patient know: Should stomach bleeding should drink milk? Although milk is good for health, patients should not drink too much. Ideally, you should consult your doctor about the right type of milk. Besides, if any unusual symptoms occur, the patient should conduct examination and treatment promptly.