Potatoes are an ingredient that is used a lot in many dishes. Besides, it is also known for its use in treating hemorrhoids that few people expect. To learn more about the effects of potatoes, readers can refer to the information below.
Table of Contents
Potatoes cure effective?
Potato with scientific name is Solanum tuberosum L, soft body, about 30-80cm high. Potato tubers are a lot of nutrients, listed as a high carbohydrate supplement for the body. Potato tubers and shoots grow from the trunk and lie underground.
Potatoes contain valuable nutrients. Each 100g of tubers will contain 2.2g of fiber, 75g of water, 15.44f of starch, 19.7mg of vitamin C and many other nutrients. Due to the many essential nutritional components, potatoes bring a lot of health benefits such as immune support, cancer prevention, digestive improvement, heart health, … In addition, potatoes Western is also known for its use in treating a number of intestinal diseases, especially hemorrhoids.
Potatoes have a large amount of fiber and starch to help treat symptoms of constipation, make defecation more comfortable and easier, so the sick person will feel less pain every time they defecate. Besides, thanks to the large amount of iron, hemorrhoids patients will improve and overcome the bleeding when going out.
This is also an easy food to buy at reasonable prices. People with hemorrhoids can apply potato treatments to help reduce costs for themselves.
The cure for hemorrhoids with potatoes
Currently, although there are many measures to treat hemorrhoids. However, using potatoes is a way many people adopt and have been successful. But depending on the condition and the severity of the disease, you can use potatoes in different ways.
1. Processing dishes from potatoes
This is also the way that many people can apply the most. Besides the treatment of hemorrhoids, you also add many nutrients to the body, help strengthen immunity and limit the disease recurrence.
Some potato dishes that sick people can apply at home such as: Boiled potatoes, steamed, fried, potato stewed meat, potatoes fried with chicken, potatoes braised with pork, potato soup with pork, … .
2. Potato juice
In addition to processing dishes from potatoes, the patient can also switch to potato juice for daily drinking. This method also supports effective treatment of constipation.
Preparation: 1 -2 potatoes
- Peel potatoes, then wash them thoroughly.
- Use a juicer or puree to squeeze out the juice.
- Every day should drink 1-2 small cups
- Apply as often as possible to make the symptoms of hemorrhoids go away quickly.
3. Potatoes combined with olive oil
Olive oil is also an extremely good choice in treating hemorrhoids. Combining these two ingredients together will help to improve hemorrhoids.
- 1 potato.
- 50 ml of olive oil (or coconut oil).
For people with internal hemorrhoids:
- Potatoes washed, cut into small bars.
- Soak the potatoes in olive oil for about 2 hours.
- Before going to bed at night, insert a potato stick into your anus and leave it overnight.
- Do this regularly for 7-10 days to see better improvement.
For people with external hemorrhoids:
- Potatoes peeled, washed. Then bring it to grind or crush.
- Mix the potato well with olive oil.
- Clean the anus, then apply the prepared mixture on the hemorrhoids.
- Fix with medical gauze. Then overnight, the next morning wash the anus with clean water.
Things to know when treating hemorrhoids with potatoes
Potatoes are an easy ingredient to find and simple to use. Therefore, it is widely used in the treatment of hemorrhoids. However, when applying these methods, the patient must also pay attention to a number of factors to make the treatment process better and more effective.
- Because the potato is a natural herb, it cannot be a complete substitute for medicine. Patients need to combine treatment according to the instructions of the doctor to get better sooner condition.
- When using potatoes to treat hemorrhoids, it takes a long time to see how effective it is.
- Potatoes should not be overused to avoid affecting the gut, causing symptoms such as heartburn, weight gain, …
- Absolutely do not use potatoes that have sprouted to eat and treat diseases.
- People with diabetes should consider before eating potatoes.
- Medicines from sweet potatoes should only apply to people with mild hemorrhoids.
This article has compiled information about the medicinal uses of hemorrhoids. Because this is a method of taking raw materials from nature, it can be applied to many different subjects. However, when you encounter hemorrhoids you should still see and treat as prescribed by your doctor to soon improve the unpleasant symptoms caused by hemorrhoids.