Not only has the effect of increasing the flavor of food, perilla leaves are also used to treat blackheads and nourish bright, smooth skin. These herbal formulations are safe, benign and suitable for many skin types.
Table of Contents
Is perilla leaves effective for blackheads?
Perilla is a familiar seasoning vegetable for Vietnamese people. Besides the effect of increasing the flavor of food, this herb is also used to treat respiratory ailments such as colds, sore throats, coughs, tonsillitis, sunburn, … In addition, perilla is also used. To nourish skin bright white, smooth, support reduce pigmentation, freckles and remove blackheads.
The ingredients in perilla such as ketones, furans, hydrocarbons, alpha-linoleic acids, … are anti-inflammatory, prevent aging and aid in gentle exfoliation. Simultaneously control sebum secretion, reduce excess oil accumulation and dead skin in pores – the direct cause of blackheads on the nose, cheeks and chin.
In addition, with a high content of vitamin C, perilla leaves also inhibit the synthesis of tyrosinase – an enzyme involved in the production of melatonin cells (melanoma causes darkening and brown spots on the skin). Therefore, the perilla leaf blackheads treatment formulas can improve many skin problems such as dull skin, dark spots, freckles and pigmentation.
However, how to treat blackheads with perilla leaves only has a supportive effect. So in the case of blackheads with large numbers and frequent recurrences, you should combine with a scientific skin care regimen and use special treatment products in case of need.
7 How to treat blackheads with perilla leaves is super simple
There are many ways to use perilla leaves to treat blackheads such as using crushed perilla or in combination with other natural ingredients such as salt, mint, yogurt, … To remove “stubborn” acne spots. On the cheeks, chin and nose, you can apply the following formulas:
1. Treat blackheads with crushed perilla leaves
One of the simple ways to get rid of blackheads on the chin, cheeks, and nose is to use crushed perilla leaves. Perilla leaves help gently exfoliate dead cells, reduce follicle keratinization and aid in pushing acne on the skin surface. After removing old cells, herbal essences will easily penetrate into the epidermis and dermis.
In addition to the effect of treating blackheads , vitamin C in perilla leaves also aids in lightening the skin, improving the skin condition markedly dull and dark. In addition, this herb also contains many antioxidants that help nourish healthy, smooth skin and assist in slowing down the aging process.
- Prepare about 5 – 6 fresh perilla leaves, soak them in salt water and rinse
- Let it dry, then crush and store in refrigerator cooler for about 5 minutes
- In the meantime, wash your face thoroughly and dry with a towel
- Apply crushed perilla to areas with sebum and blackheads
- Relax for 10 minutes, then massage gently for 1-2 minutes and rinse with clean water
2. Reduce blackheads by washing your face with perilla leaves
With many ingredients good for the skin, perilla leaves are also used as a morning cleanser. This herb contains many unsaturated fatty acids along with loads of essential vitamins and minerals. The ingredients in perilla have a gentle exfoliating effect, remove excess oil accumulated in pores and provide essential nutrients to the skin.
In addition, perilla leaf extract has also been shown to be able to whiten skin, reduce dark spots and freckles markedly based on the mechanism of inhibiting tyrosinase synthesis – an enzyme that plays an important role in skin’s melanin production (darkening cells).
So, you can wash your face with perilla leaves once a day in the morning to cleanse your skin, prevent the formation of blackheads on the cheeks, nose, and chin, and have bright, smooth skin.
- Soak 1 handful of fresh perilla leaves, then put in a pot and boil with 1 liter of water
- Let it boil for 5 minutes and turn off the heat
- Then add cool water and wash your face with water in the morning
- Should be applied daily to notice a positive and significant improvement
3. Lemon and perilla leaves to treat blackheads
Facial beauty is a familiar beauty secret to women. Facial with natural herbs helps deep clean skin, helps remove dead skin, excess sebum and oil accumulated in pores. This remedy also works to push acne on the skin surface, prevent the formation of new pimples and improve skin pigmentation effectively.
Besides the effect of treating blackheads, the facial facial formula with perilla leaves and fresh lemon also promotes blood circulation, improves elasticity and prevents skin aging. At the same time, it also aids in gentle exfoliation and increases the skin’s ability to absorb nutrients.
- Prepare a handful of fresh perilla leaves and 1 lemon
- Soak perilla leaves with diluted saline, then put in a pot and boil with 1 liter of water
- Turn off the heat, squeeze lemon in and use water to steam for 10 minutes
- After inhalation should pat gently to absorb the essence into the skin, wait about 15 minutes for skin to cool down and rinse with cool water
Note: Avoid rinsing with cool water immediately after steaming your face because it can make your skin sagging and sagging.
4. Recipe to treat blackheads with perilla leaves and yogurt
Unsweetened yogurt is rich in lactic acid, vitamin D and probiotics. In it, lactic acid works to purify the skin, remove dead cells and improve the skin’s surface. Vitamin D provides ideal moisture to help skin soften, plump and full of vitality. Finally, probiotics have the ability to balance the physiological environment of the skin and prevent the overgrowth of bacteria.
Combining yogurt with perilla leaves helps clean blackheads on the nose, cheeks and chin. At the same time, it provides essential nutrients that are capable of nourishing a healthy, smooth and white skin.
- Prepare 3 – 5 fresh perilla leaves and 2-3 teaspoons of unsweetened yogurt
- Wash the perilla leaves, drain and crush
- Then mix well with yogurt and apply to cleansed face
- Relax for 15 – 20 minutes
- Use hand massage gently for 1-2 minutes to exfoliate and wash off mask with water
Apply the perilla leaf blackheads treatment formula and yogurt steadily from 2-3 times / week to notice a noticeable change.
5. Treat blackheads with perilla leaves and salt
Salt is not only a condiment, but also used to treat a number of dermatological diseases. This ingredient has antiseptic, sebum control and anti-inflammatory effects. So if you have blackheads and greasy skin, you can combine perilla leaves with sea salt.
Formulated from perilla leaves and sea salt works to remove dead cells, reduce hair follicle keratinization and remove excess sebum and oil build up. Besides, this formula also helps to control oil production, reduce itching and keep skin clear.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh perilla and ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Take perilla leaves soaked in dilute salt water, drain and crush
- Then mix well with salt and apply to areas with blemishes like nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes, then massage gently and rinse with clean water
- Apply 2-3 times / week
Blackheads with perilla leaves and sea salt can cause dry skin. So after doing this, you should use a moisturizer to provide the necessary moisture to your skin.
6. Combine perilla and mint leaves
Formulated from perilla and peppermint leaves helps control sebum, reduces blackheads and cleanses the skin deeply. In particular, menthol essential oil from peppermint has the ability to cool the skin, reduce itching and improve the red inflammation in acne markedly. This formula is suitable for people with oily, greasy skin and “stubborn” blackheads.
- Prepare some perilla leaves and mint
- Take to soak with dilute salt water and drain
- Then crush and apply directly to the areas of skin that excrete a lot of sebum
- Relax for 5-10 minutes, gently massage with hands to remove dead cells and rinse with cool water
- Apply this formula regularly 2-3 times / week
7. Perilla tea helps reduce acne
In addition to topical formulas, you can also use perilla tea daily to improve acne, nourish healthy and smooth skin. Besides, this tea also supports weight loss and cleansing the body.
How to make perilla tea helps reduce blackheads:
- Prepare about 1 handful of fresh perilla leaves, soak them in dilute salt water and take out to drain
- Put the perilla leaves in a pot and boil with 2 liters of water
- Heat for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat, let cool
- Add ½ lemon to perilla tea and divide it into several drinks, use it all day
Note when using perilla leaves to treat blackheads
Using perilla leaves to treat blackheads is a simple, benign, and virtually non-irritating formula. However, to achieve high efficiency when applying, you should note the following issues:
- The perilla leaves should be soaked in diluted salt water to completely remove dirt, bacteria, and animal carcasses. Using the ingredients that have not been completely cleaned can cause skin irritation and irritation.
- The perilla leaf blackheads treatment is quite slow. So, should apply regularly 2-3 times / week for a long time to notice a marked improvement.
- If you have sensitive skin, you should try the perilla leaf recipe on a small area of skin and observe skin appearance before applying it on a large scale.
- Blackheads are acne types that are persistent, easy to recur, and difficult to treat completely. Therefore, besides the perilla leaf acne treatments, pay attention to the cleansing step and provide the skin with the necessary moisture to limit the secretion of too much sebum.
- In the case of blackheads with a large number of acne, hard and difficult to remove, should combine the use of special treatment products such as serum, acne cream, …
Hopefully, through some of the ways to treat blackheads with perilla leaves in the article, you can choose the formula that suits your skin type and preferences. To achieve high efficiency when applying, should be done regularly for a long time and actively combined with scientific skin care regimen.