In vitro fertilization is a treatment for infertility that is born with many different success rates. During this technique, you need to pay special attention to your psychology, diet, routine and daily activities to ensure a high conception rate. Thus, in vitro fertilization should abstain from what will be mentioned in the article below.
Table of Contents
Factors that influence the success rate in in vitro fertilization
Currently, IVF is a popular fertility technology and the method with the highest success rate to date. Helping many couples with infertility infertility have the opportunity to become the desired parents.
In addition to the success thanks to the implementation technique, the in vitro fertilization method also contributes to the success rate if influenced by the following factors:
- Nutrition: This is a condition that facilitates in vitro fertilization by providing a variety of nutrients to the body in the post-embryonic period. Adding fresh foods, rich in protein, minerals, fiber, and essential vitamins for a higher fertility rate.
- Daily activities: Build a moderate and healthy living regime, choose for yourself gentle physical training activities such as yoga, walking. At the same time in the process of in vitro fertilization should abstain from marital activity to avoid affecting the embryo.
- Implementation age: With IVF, the younger the age, the higher the chance of success, because it is the decisive factor to the quality of the sperm and egg for conception and creation. Embryo.
- Health status: The couple’s health also affects the success of IVF. Therefore, the couple will be assigned to have a health check, if the health is good, the chance of conception will be higher.
- Doctor qualifications: In large clinics equipped with modern technology equipment and a team of experienced doctors will determine the success rate of in vitro fertilization.
In vitro fertilization should abstain from what?
In vitro fertilization is considered as a method with a high success rate, but it is also unavoidable risk of failure. Therefore, during IVF before, during, and after IVF, you should abstain from the following:
1. Avoid having sex
Although sex is a catalyst that helps to tighten the relationship between the couple, helping the couple closer together. But in vitro intercourse is something that should be avoided.
Because, if you have sex during this time, the quality of the embryo will not be guaranteed. That is why experts advise couples to abstain from this problem to avoid making the uterus contract and making it difficult for the embryo to attach to the mother’s cervical wall.
2. Do not climb stairs
After 3 to 5 days of embryo transfer, you absolutely must not exercise vigorously such as running, jumping, and climbing stairs to affect the conception process. This is because vigorous exercise makes you more likely to have a dangerous miscarriage. Therefore, if you suddenly bleed at this stage, you should see your doctor to have it checked.
But it is not like lying motionless because this also reduces the conception rate, putting some pressure on the mother’s psychology. Limit prolonged stress because it will adversely affect the results of in vitro fertilization. So, after implanting the embryo, all you need to do is walk gently and avoid vigorous exercise.
3. Do not arbitrarily use drugs
At any given time, arbitrarily using the drug will affect your health. After transferring frozen embryos, if you have some health problems during this stage such as cold, fever, or cough, try natural remedies by drinking honey lemon juice and nasal inhalation.
You absolutely must not use the drug on your own because during this stage, the embryo is developing in your body. If using drugs indiscriminately will cause adverse effects on the embryo and more dangerously can lead to miscarriage.
4. Do not use certain types of cosmetics, bath soap
Some cosmetics or nail polishes will contain harmful chemicals that affect the fertility of the fetus as well as the normal development of the fetus. Therefore, during IVF, you need to be careful with some creams and cosmetics that contain trilosan, paraben, benzophenone, …
Similar to cosmetics, bath soap is also an item that should be taboo when performing in vitro fertilization. During this time, it is best to use natural bath ingredients or natural extracts to make sure there is no harm to your health.
5. Stay away from some unsafe objects
In the process of IVF, you need to limit the use of food packaging materials such as plastic bags, plastic boxes. Because, these materials, if used for a long time, will affect the health and reproductive system.
Be extra careful with furniture such as the smell of wood, paint, … Because these are harmful impurities that are not good for in vitro fertilization. At the same time, it also causes a number of diseases in the mother’s body, affecting the development of the embryo as well as the outcome of conception.
In addition, to ensure the health of the mother and fetus. You need to stay away from electronic devices with electromagnetic waves such as computers, phones, because it is the cause of the impact on the conception rate and the health of the fetus in the future.
In addition, anti-stains material, non-stick pan or non-stick pot also contain harmful agents that affect the sperm, weaken the sperm and reduce the conception rate. On the other hand, when exposed to a yoga mat, the body contaminated with flame retardants exists on the carpet – a sterile substance that is not recommended to be exposed.
6. Meat and milk
During in vitro fertilization, you need to limit your intake of red meats, as it limits the success rate of fertilization. Instead, eat fresh, clean foods to avoid the risk of miscarriage.
Although the calcium in milk is very good for pregnant women, but for people who are pregnant in vitro, it should not be used because it can be counterproductive for the user.
7. Avoid lack of sleep
Sleep plays a huge role in a mother’s health. The frequent loss of sleep will affect the nerves, cause fatigue, but also cause serious illnesses. In vitro fertilization requires a deep and adequate sleep to ensure the health as well as a high conception rate, and a well-developed fetus.
Notes when performing in vitro fertilization
During the IVF IVF procedure, there are a few things you need to keep in mind to have a successful conception:
- After transferring the embryo, you need to lie on your left side for good fetal health. Absolutely do not sit up suddenly, but lean to one side and sit up slowly.
- From day 3 to day 7, you can only walk lightly when needed. Because, around this time, the embryo begins to attach to the uterus, so you need to be mindful of all your movements.
- When taking a shower, bathe only with warm water and the bath should be gentle.
- Should fully supplement essential nutrients and vitamins to support during pregnancy such as iron, calcium, folic acid, …
- Absolutely not miss any antenatal check-up. Because, at each visit you will be checked on the health of yourself and your baby. If something goes wrong during pregnancy, you will get prompt support promptly.
- Add to the menu each meal a lot of fats, vitamins and minerals necessary for the body for successful fertilization.
Above are the shared information about the problem of in vitro fertilization to abstain from what. Hopefully, the article will help readers better understand the issues to abstain from before and after in vitro fertilization.