Betel leaf is not one of the familiar medicines in folk, it supports the treatment of many diseases such as sore throat, ear infections, weather-related asthma, stomachache, flatulence, infected wounds … Especially, betel leaves no longer have very good use in the treatment of gout, which is the method chosen by many people due to its simple implementation, it is safe and benign. Here is how to cure gout with betel leaf that you can refer and apply.
Table of Contents
Betel leaves are not and used to treat gout
Betel leaves are no longer known as betel nut, lupus, tree betel, long land … As vines, cylindrical branches, smooth, round heart-shaped leaves, alternating, dark green, both sides are smooth . Betel is not a humid, light-loving tree, native to Southeast Asia, mainly countries such as Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, India …
According to Oriental medicine, betel leaves do not taste pungent, have a dark aroma and are warm, attributable to the business as waste, spleen. It is effective in treating low aches and pains, reducing inflammation, eliminating inflammation, treating infected wounds, and painful purulent wounds.
The reason betel leaves are not used much to help improve the symptoms caused by gout is because:
- Betel leaf has no pain relief effect: According to research of modern medicine, the essential oil in betel leaves does not contain active ingredients such as Estragol, Eugenol, Chavicol, Chavibetol … These active substances can affect the nervous system. Helps relieve the painful and painful symptoms of gout.
- Betel leaves are not alkaline: Due to the alkaline group, the active ingredients in betel leaves when entering the body can assist in neutralizing uric acid levels in the body. Thereby helping to metabolize and eliminate uric acid in the bloodstream from the body, preventing the occurrence of gout symptoms.
- Has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties: Betel leaves are no longer rich in antioxidants due to their large amount of polyphenols. In particular, this leaf also has antiseptic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation, and aid in repairing damage to joints caused by damage.
In addition, betel leaves no longer contain nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, nicotinic acid, phosphorus, calcium, fiber, carbohydrates … which have very good effects on the health of patients. In addition, betel leaf extract and essential oil can no longer inhibit some bacteria strains such as hemolytic streptococcus, staphylococcus aureus, pneumococcus, Staphylococcus albus … Therefore, you can completely apply not at home to cure gout by betel leaves.
How to cure gout with betel leaves
It can be seen that betel leaves do not have the effects of anti-arthritic, pain relief, neutralizing uric acid, enhancing urate salt excretion from the body and promoting the recovery of damage, very good for people with gout. .
There are many ways to treat gout with betel leaves, such as:
1. Use betel leaves without coconut water
Treating gout with betel leaves and coconut water is a method that many people apply. Coconut water is considered a natural electrolyte, which helps in cleaning up bad cholesterol in the blood vessels, balancing the metabolism of substances and especially the diuretic ability. Therefore, when combined with betel leaves, coconut water acts as a dissolving agent to help urate salt crystals and uric acid in the blood be excreted through the urine quickly.
- Prepare 100g of non-fresh betel leaves (avoid too old or too young leaves), 1 fresh unopened coconut
- Betel leaves are not washed with diluted salt water, washed with water, drained and then chopped into fibers or pureed or crushed.
- Cut coconut with beveled lid, soak und-crushed betel leaves
- After 30 minutes, take it out, drain the water, remove the pulp, drink before breakfast
- Persistently perform once a day, continuously for 1 month to see the symptoms improve.
Note: It is recommended to perform the correct dosage, only apply in the morning, at least 1 hour before eating to see the effect.
2. Apply betel leaves to not cure gout
In parallel with the use of betel leaf juice with coconut leaves for gout treatment, you can improve the inflammation in the joints by applying betel leaves. This method will help reduce pain, reduce swelling, and suitable for those who cannot drink betel leaf juice.
- Take 1 handful of betel leaves, which are not fresh, wash them, and drain them
- Crush betel leaves without a little salt
- Apply this mixture to the painful joint area.
Persistently done once a day, continuously for 1-2 months will see the swelling of osteoarthritis significantly improved. In addition, if you do not like to apply residue, you can use betel leaves that do not heat up and then apply it to the gout joint.
3. Cure gout by soaking feet with betel leaves
Using betel leaves not to soak your feet is also one of the gout remedies worth trying. Soaking the feet with betel leaf juice not only helps to increase blood circulation to the joints but also aids in pain relief, promotes healing. In particular, this method also helps the patient feel comfortable, has a sedative effect, so that the patient can easily fall asleep and sleep better.
- Take 1 handful of betel leaves, not washed, crushed, boiled with 1 liter of water
- When boiling, continue to boil over low heat for 10 minutes for the active ingredients to dissolve completely
- Filter the water, remove the residue, wait for the water to cool down to 40 – 50 degrees C then use this water to soak your feet
- Only soak for 10-15 minutes, persistently do it every day.
Note: This method is especially suitable for people with gout in the feet, toe joints. If the leg has an open wound, it should not be used to avoid a backlash. In addition, do not soak for too long to avoid excessive blood circulation to the legs causing symptoms such as headaches, dizziness due to a drop in blood pressure.
4. Cure gout with no betel leaves and honey
Honey also has anti-inflammatory, reduces inflammation, and aids in the healing of damage. In addition, when combined with betel leaves, this juice will both help you reduce pain in the joints and help improve digestive problems.
- Take 5 – 10 betel leaves not soaked in dilute salt water, washed, and drained
- Cut betel leaves into small pieces, put in the machine, puree with 1 glass of water
- Grandchildren take water, remove the residue, mix 1-2 teaspoons of honey with betel leaf juice to not drink
Persistently perform 1 time / day, each drink only 1 glass, continuously for 5-7 days, you will see the pain of osteoarthritis significantly reduced.
Some notes when treating gout with betel leaves
When applying the treatment of betel leaf gout, you need to pay attention to the following issues:
- Do not use betel leaves orally for children, the elderly, pregnant women or people with other medical conditions.
- Betel leaves do not have high medicinal properties, if used orally, they should only be used in small doses, should not be abused to avoid adverse effects on health.
- Although betel leaves have no effect on people with gout, this is only a folk method, the effectiveness depends on the location of each person.
- There are no scientific studies to confirm betel leaves can not cure gout. Therefore, patients should only apply in the form of supportive methods, cannot replace special medicines.
- Before applying betel leaves, check to see if you are allergic to this natural remedy by applying a little betel leaves on your arm. After 24 hours if there is no reaction, it may be used.
Treating betel leaf gout is not a simple, low-cost, easy-to-do folk trick, the way to do it is varied, depending on the health situation that you choose the appropriate method. However, to ensure safety, it is best to consult a physician or specialist before performing this procedure.