Currently, acne treatment with bio-light is one of the effective methods that many women trust to choose for their beauty. It not only gives acne-free skin, but also brightens and smoother skin than the original. Find out more about bio-light acne treatments in the article below.
Table of Contents
What is light therapy?
Light therapy, also known as optical therapy, is introduced and widely used in modern medicine. Then, the researchers performed experiments and showed that bio-light not only works to treat wounds, heal damage but also help promote the growth of skin cells to about 150. – 200%.
Besides, researchers have also demonstrated that each different type of wavelength will serve a different purpose. For example, 633 nm for red light, 523 nm for green light, 415 nm for blue light.
All have the common feature of being able to penetrate the dermis, which is also the deepest layer of the skin. At this time, the light rays will become a stimulant for the body to produce many new cells, promote the rejuvenation of the skin thanks to blood circulation, toxins and collagen secretion, especially. Effective acne treatment and blemishes.
Some common types of biological light
Biological light used in the treatment of certain medical conditions or acne, to improve skin condition is usually a combination of one or more light with a wavelength in the spectrum visible to the naked eye ( There are 7 colors including red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple), with wavelengths from 380nm to 700nm.
Red light (633nm)
According to the research of experts, red light is the type of light capable of treating skin problems on the epidermis, ie the outermost layer of the skin. When red light hits the skin, the epidermis absorbs and provides benefits such as:
- Stimulates collagen production
- Improve skin aging
- Wrinkles, stretch marks
- Promote the production of new cells, increase old cell turnover.
- Increased active ingredient Elastin restores skin elasticity.
- Shrink pores
So, when you produce more collagen, it also means that you will have smoother, more vibrant, rosy skin. At this time, it will be followed by the disappearance of aging conditions, wrinkles and help increase blood circulation.
The red bio-light treatment is suitable for all skin types.
Orange light (590nm)
Using bio-orange anh1sang1 has the effect of helping to bring feelings of joy, excitement, and improvement in stress. When the spirit is improved, it will stimulate metabolism, eliminate toxins, decompose strange pigments lying on the skin’s surface such as blurring dark, making the skin brighter and smoother.
This method is also applicable to all skin types.
Green or green light (532 nm)
This type of light has the ability to balance, neutralize and stabilize. Skin contact reduces sebum secretion, cleans as well as soothes the skin. For example, removing melasma, dark spots, acne due to lack of nutrients, exposure to sunlight, and especially, stimulates acne to rise on the surface of the skin for easy handling.
In addition, green is a color that represents nature and is also a cool color. Therefore, it has the ability to reduce stress, comfort and relax. Reduces blackhead pigmentation, heals ulcers and removes sebum.
Green represents natural strength and is the mellow color. Green light helps to reduce stress and relax while helping to balance skin, normalize sebum metabolism, reduce blackhead pigmentation and ulcers.
This method is quite suitable for oily skin and those who need to treat acne hidden under the skin.
Blue or blue light (415 nm)
Blue light primarily has a therapeutic effect on the sebaceous glands, also known as the oil glands that are hidden deep under the hair follicles. Oil glands lubricate the skin and hair to keep them from drying out. However, overactive activity will cause clogged pores and form acne .
Applying the blue bio-light treatment not only helps reduce acne by removing oily sebum inside the pores, but also controls the sebum secretion process effectively.
In addition, blue light also helps heal inflammatory lesions, acne spots on the face, reduce swelling, shrink acne, soothe and help connect capillaries on the skin. Normally, blue light and red light will be combined to effectively treat acne, kill bacteria, fight inflammation and scarring.
This method is suitable for all skin types.
Yellow light (between 565 – 590 nm)
According to research by experts, moderate intensity of yellow light will help stimulate the capillary system and nervous system, help balance sensitive skin and increase resilience to skin damage.
Normally, yellow light will be applied in cases of sunburn, at which time the light will cool and stimulate the production of active substances that protect the skin from the effects of the sun.
In addition, using yellow bio light will bring benefits such as:
- Promote metabolism, strengthen the body’s immune system
- Replenishes and stimulates the regeneration of new skin cells.
- Helping lymphatic system circulation
- Improve dry skin as well as pitting scars left by acne.
This method is suitable for combination skin.
Purple light (between 380 – 420nm)
Purple bio-light is a combination of red light and blue light. The biological effect of purple light is to help increase blood circulation as well as improve the body’s immune system. At the same time, enhancing the oxygen absorption of the cells, helping to eliminate toxins, dead cells on the face.
Particularly for the ability to take care of the skin, there are a number of benefits such as:
- Antibacterial and stimulates the production of more collagen to naturally heal scars.
- Effective in treating inflammation in pores, preventing the return of acne.
- Cleanse and purify skin cells and eliminate toxins.
- Anti-spasm and stress relief.
- Regenerates new skin cells and replenishes melanin on the skin, slowing down the aging process of the skin.
- Skin whitening.
This method is suitable for women with combination skin.
According to dermatologists, there are now many types of bio-light projectors with 7 or 8 colors. However, in fact, the treatment of acne with biological light is based on 3 basic colors: red light, blue light and yellow light.
- Blue light is used to treat acne
- Red light is used to fight skin aging
- Yellow light is used to treat dark skin conditions.
Is using bio-light to treat acne safe?
According to the research results of experts, bio-light is the light emitted from Bio-LED lamps, located in the region with longer wavelengths without ultraviolet rays, so it is very safe for users.
This light is completely different from the blue light emitted by electronic devices such as televisions, computers, phones … This type of light is in the wavelength close to ultraviolet rays, so there are potential risks. Harmful to human health if exposed regularly. Particularly for the skin, this light has the ability to easily penetrate into the dermis of the skin, destroying collagen bonds, making the skin susceptible to dullness, wrinkles and premature aging.
Therefore, dermatologists often only use this type of bio-light to treat skin diseases to ensure the best safety and efficiency.
However, to ensure the safest health, you should pay attention not to apply this method in case you are using Accutame to treat acne or are in the rash phase due to allergies or fever. Women who are pregnant or who have thin skin, sensitive to sunlight are best not to apply.
Instructions for the steps to treat acne with bio-light
Depending on the type of machine using bio-light to treat the skin, the effects will be different, can treat pigmentation, smooth wrinkles, shrink pores, treat acne, lighten skin … Results Obtained depends heavily on the skin type and facial acne.
However, in general, the process of treating acne with bio-light on the skin will have the following steps:
- Step 1 : Perform makeup remover, face scrub, face wash, steam to remove sebum, clean pores and remove acne more easily.
- Step 2 : Make light on the face after carefully shielding the eye area. Because the eyes are very vulnerable, although bio-light is not dangerous, it is necessary to protect eyes from all colored light. Lighting time is about 15-30 minutes, for dark spots caused by acne will shine longer.
- Step 3 : Massage your face, apply moisturizer to support the new skin regeneration process, overcome the lack of moisture on the skin.
- Step 4 : Apply a mask containing nutrients from herbs for 15 – 20 minutes. After completing this step, washing your face again with warm water will give you a white face that is completely different from your original skin.
- The light shines on the skin’s surface for about 15-30 minutes depending on the skin condition. Persistent implementation of 5-10 times will help treat acne and reduce pigmentation, darkening up to 80%.
- Each show only takes about 20 minutes. Usually, at the beginning of treatment, it can be done once a week for 10 weeks. Then, when the skin condition has been significantly improved, just once every few months will help women have a healthy, beautiful skin.
Advantages and disadvantages when treating acne with bio-light
- Efficiency: Applying bio-light acne treatments will help cleanse the face, remove acne from the root and prevent the return of acne. At the same time, slowing down the aging process, shrinking pores, blurring bruises, pigmentation, darkening, smooth skin …
- Safety: Safe for all skin types, side effects or irritation occur very rarely after exposure to the sun.
- Painless: Bio-light projection does not cause any pain, taken gently, without inconvenience.
- Ease of implementation: The procedure is simple, without any special care after it is done.
- Fast: Time to perform is quick, only take up to 30 minutes for one light exposure.
Using a bio-light projector at too much intensity or for too long may cause some side effects such as: increased blood circulation in the body, causing your face to become hot, red , increased inflammation and even a rash …
Therefore, to avoid this situation, you need to know how to use a projector or go directly to dermatology hospitals, beauty establishments, spas that apply bio-light methods to perform efficiency and safety.
Things to note after treating acne with bio-light
For the best results after bio-light treatments, there are a few things you need to consider in combination:
- After performing therapy, absolutely avoid touching your face with your hands.
- The number of treatments depends on how severe or mild the acne is and the person’s site.
- After treatment, pay attention to proper skin care, wash your face, drink plenty of water and eat plenty of skin-healthy foods.
Biological light treatment of acne is a method that will be very effective if you choose a treatment that is suitable for your skin. Please consult your doctor for more detailed advice on the best lighting practice for you!