Gout treatment with perilla leaves is one of the simple, low-cost, effective folk remedies that many people apply. However, this method only brings positive changes for patients when used properly. If you are wondering how to use perilla leaf to cure gout, do not ignore the information in this article.
Table of Contents
Healing gout of perilla leaves
Gout is a popular disease today, up to 95% of middle-aged men, especially alcoholics, coffee drinkers, obese are subjects at high risk of gout. This is a form of uric acid metabolism disorder related to eating, when plasma uric acid levels too high will cause urate crystals (salts of uric acid) to be deposited in joints causing inflammation, leading to long periods of time. stiffness, deformation of joints.
The disease can be treated with a variety of methods combined with a reasonable diet. In addition, symptoms of gout can be improved through folk remedies such as using perilla leaves to treat gout. Perilla is a familiar herb that not only enhances the taste of dishes, solves, restores pregnancy, clears heat, and detoxifies, but also works very well in treating typhoid, cough, and anti-anesthetic. , aching hands and feet.
According to Oriental medicine, perilla tree has a spicy taste, warm properties, is widely used in pregnancy remedies, cure typhoid, cold, detoxification, helps the body sweating … Perilla seeds can be used as medicine. asthma, pain, osteoarthritis, aid in improving joint problems. In particular, perilla leaves also have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects to help reduce redness and pain, support the treatment of arthritis caused by gout.
According to modern research, the reason perilla leaves are effective in the treatment of gout is because:
- There are 4 substances in perilla leaves that help inhibit xanthine oxidase, an enzyme that promotes the formation of uric acid in the body to help keep blood uric acid levels at a stable level, preventing the disease from deteriorating. .
- Contains active ingredient Luteolin that reduces swelling and pain caused by gout (according to research by the Japan Pharmaceutical Association published in Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin).
- Perilla leaf extract has a diuretic effect, stimulates secretion in the sweat glands, supports the body to remove excess uric acid from the bloodstream more quickly and easily.
- In the essential oils of perilla leaves contain active ingredients that work to prevent the infection process, help dilate the vessels, help prevent the pain caused by acute gout.
- In addition, perilla leaves contain many nutrients, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, and Phosphorus, which can reduce swelling, soothe aches and pains.
5 How to cure gout with perilla leaves simple at home
Perilla also has a different name: perilla, perilla, perilla … You can easily find this plant in many places because it is sold in most markets, shops, and supermarkets. There are many ways to cure gout with perilla leaves, such as:
1. Use perilla leaf juice
Using perilla leaf juice for gout treatment is an extremely simple, easy-to-use treatment support method that is extremely convenient to use. This method is suitable for busy people who do not have much time to perform other remedies.
- Take perilla leaves soaked with dilute salt water, rinse with water
- Boil with 2.5 liters of filtered water, cover tightly, let the mixture boil for 3-5 minutes, then turn off the heat, let cool
- Pour water into the jar, add 3 slices of fresh lemon, cover
- Can be stored in a thermos while still warm or put in the refrigerator cooler to use gradually
- Use instead of filtered water, should drink before meals about 10-30 minutes to prevent uric acid accumulation.
2. Apply perilla leaf residue to treat gout
In parallel with supporting pain relief, reducing uric acid levels in the body by drinking perilla leaf juice, you can use perilla leaves to cover the inflamed joints to ease pain quickly. This method is also very simple, does not take too much time, with just a few steps you can reduce symptoms caused by gout.
- Take a few perilla leaves, wash guise leaves, crush them with a little salt
- Apply this mixture to the sore joint for 15 minutes
- Then rinse with warm water
- Persistently apply every day will see the swelling and pain of the disease improve.
3. How to cure gout by soaking your feet with perilla leaves
Legs are the place where the uncomfortable aches and pains caused by gout often appear. The feet are the place to gather many important points of the body, when soaking feet will help regulate endocrine, stimulate blood circulation, improve the function of the nervous system. This will help the person reduce pain and feel more comfortable after a foot bath.
- Take 1 handful of fresh perilla leaves, 1-2 teaspoons of salt, boil with 2 liters of water
- After boiling, turn off the heat and put in the foot bath
- If the water is about 45 degrees just warm, let the feet soak
- Do it before going to bed to help you fall asleep, reduce aches and pains at night.
4. Cure gout with perilla leaf powder
If you don’t like the unpleasant pungent odor of using fresh perilla leaves, you can use perilla leaf powder. Perilla leaf powder is very handy, just as effective as using fresh leaves for healing.
- Use 1 teaspoon of perilla leaf powder braised with hot water like tea
- Drink water every day instead of water
- After drinking all the water, the pulp can be applied to the swollen joint.
5. Eat perilla leaves to cure gout
In addition to the mentioned methods, patients can also eat perilla leaves every day to control uric acid levels, reduce inflammation, and overcome unpleasant symptoms caused by gout. With this way, the body will absorb maximum nutrients in perilla leaves. However, eating raw food can cause stomach upset and diarrhea if you don’t wash the perilla leaves thoroughly. Should choose to buy at a reputable facility, soak in dilute salt water and rinse with water to remove dirt, parasites. Every day just chew 5-7 leaves, done regularly, can be used with dishes in meals.
Some notes when treating gout with perilla leaves
Perilla leaves though have a therapeutic effect and provide many health benefits. However, to ensure safety, you need to note the following issues:
- Do not overdo it, do not overdose, if you eat or drink too much perilla leaves will cause diarrhea, nausea.
- Gout treatment with perilla leaves is just a folk remedy to support treatment, suitable for people with gout in the first stage, not suitable for serious patients.
- It takes a long time to treat, the effects are slow and effective depending on the location of each person, so patients must be persistent when using.
- Children, pregnant women should only use perilla leaves in moderate doses
- Do not let the perilla leaf juice be used the next day because it is prone to stains and loss of nutrients
- Perilla is a medicinal remedy caused by cold, so it does not apply to people who are hot
- Not for people going to surgery, patients with glaucoma.
In short, there are many simple perilla leaf gout treatments that you can consult. However, this is only a folk remedy that supports treatment, cannot replace medicine. When using, you should consult your doctor and build a reasonable diet and activities to quickly heal.